To be honest I have considered skipping my monthly moodboard for November , just because November has to be one of my least favorite months of the year (up there with January and February) . I am so not excited for November and can`t wait for december to finally roll around. But thinking about it more I decided this is exactly why I needed to do this post , I need to find the little joys that will make this month enjoyable in its own right. So if you are in the same boat as me I hope you too find some inspiration as well to get you through this month and one step closer to the holiday season (cuz` lets be honest the best thing about November is that it`s followed by December).
1. I don`t really let myself get in the Christmas mood until December 1`st , that`s when I get out my Christmas playlist and mulled wine. But stores are beginning to bring out their Christmas stock and how am I supposed to avoid it? So you might find me strolling through Zara Home and H&M Home this month making lists of what I need to add to my Holliday decor for this year.
2. One other Christmasy activity I am allowing myself this month is gift planning. I hate leaving my Christmas shopping to the last-minute and having to go to all that stress and Holliday store traffic. So I am determined to be super prepared this year. I plan on writing down a list in my planner of all the people I need to get gifts for and then hit Pinterest and the online stores to find all the best , most appropriate and creative gifts ever. I just think this is such a great way of not burning yourself out ( you know how by Christmas instead of enjoying that time of the year you are stressing because you still haven`t found all your gifts and the Holliday parties are beginning to eat into your time as well).
3. I am not the biggest fan of cold weather but what I do enjoy is cozy homewear (so much so that I am planning a whole post dedicated to it) and this month I plan on making a few more cozy homewear purchases , it really is the best time for getting some really cute and cozy pieces. My favorite places for getting homewear are H&M and Oysho
4. The cozy weather also brings with it more chill nights in, either with a good movie or what I have been doing lately to get a bit of a technology detox is read. I have myself a Goodreads reading list at the ready with a few books I haven`t had time to read yet and I think this month is my time to put a dent in that. A few of the books on my list are The Notebook by Nicolas Sparks , Catch-22 by Joseph Heller and The Woman I Want to be by Diane Von Fustenberg.
5. And what goes best with a cozy night in and a book you ask? Well a cup of tea of course. I honestly love tea but I can`t understand people who can drink it in the spring/summer (well I am not talking about iced tea of course), fall / winter is my tea season. I can get up to 4 cups a day this time of year and I really don`t feel bad about it. My favorites are English Breakfast Tea, Lady Grey tea and my favorite of the favorites is Linden Tea . Honestly it`s amazing if you haven`t tried it I completely recommend it especially if you get anxiety, this is great for calming down and relaxing.
Well I personally feel better after that , hopefully you too have a better outlook on November now and I would love to hear what you are looking forward to in November!