Happy New Year everyone! I hope this year is the best one yet for every single one of you! Personally I am huge fan of a new beginning, call me weird, but Mondays are my favorite day of the week, I love early productive mornings and the beginning of every month is my most productive time. And there is nothing I love more than the beginning of a new year, the excitement of what is awaiting in the new year and the rush of motivation to work harder and be a better person in general. 2016 watch out I am coming for you.
As cheesy as it is I do enjoy making new years resolutions , even thou I know that change requires an every day committeemen and improvements in your life won`t come just cuz the date changed. I love taking time in the beginning of every year to reflect and make a game plan for the next 12 months. In this post I want to share with you all my list of 2016 resolutions mostly for the blog but also a few personal ones ( the ones that aren`t too personal). I hope this inspires you to reflect as well, and start 2016 more motivated than ever! Enjoy!
- No more breaks. I think one of the most important things for a good, successful blog is consistency , and even thou I know all that, I still suck at it. I need to stop making excuses about how I have exams coming up or I am on vacation and get my s**t together. For the past year I have had periods when I was on a roll and periods I didn`t post for over two months, and honestly that can`t happen in 2016.
- Quality is key. Going back to my failed attempt at Blogmas, looking back on those posts I am not pleased with the quality of my material. So I will take a break on the every other day posting and scaling back on the quantity in order to improve my quality!
- Work on my images. As a visual person myself one of the first things to capture my attention when reading a blog is the quality of the images. So I am always trying to improve on that front. This year I want to do a bit more research into the technical parts of photography as well as start editing in Photoshop.
- Social Media. Something else I pretty much suck at is keeping up with social media. This year I want to really get posting on social platforms so much more often , I am referring mostly to Twitter and Instagram but I also want to get into Pinterest.
- Going Bilingual. Last but not least is something I have wanted to do for months now, and that is posting content in Romanian as well (If you don`t know I am originally from Romania) . I first toyed with the idea of doing a separate blog just in Romanian, but we all know how good I am at keeping up with one blog let alone two so the compromise was to switch this blog to a bilingual blog.
- More Water Less Sugar. Starting off with the water. I have this annoying habit of drinking max a cup of water per day. I am seriously not kidding, if I don`t explicitly remind myself to drink water I don`t get thirsty ever. This is most of all not great for my health and also affecting my skin. Now on the sugar front, I admit to having a huge sweet tooth and on top of that I love baking and I am pretty darn good at it which results in an overall sugar high. So this year`s resolution is to cut down on sugar, still bake but find healthier alternatives and take a break from coffee and tea at least in the beginning of the year since I do have 3-5 cups a day all of which are sweetened .
- Monthly Resolutions? Most of us, come the middle of the year, don`t even think about our new years resolutions , so what I want to do this year is challenge myself every month with one short therm resolution. They will be all kinds of things from doing a makeup course to quiting sugar and dairy for a month. To get me even more motivated to achieving my monthly goal I will be sharing it in my monthly MoodBoard and checking in on how it went in the following moth`s one.
- Meditation. One of my worst habits is how easily distracted I get. My mind is always on three things at once and when I need to focus on one thing only, be it studying or doing a project for university or working on the blog , it takes me so much longer because I keep interrupting and doing other things. So in order to get me to focus more easily and clear my head I want to start getting into meditation.
Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you have had a great first day of the New Year. What I would love to hear from you is what is one of your New Year`s resolutions and also if you have any experience with meditation how it helped you! Hope to see you again on Sunday for my first MoodBoard of the year.